Sunday, September 19, 2010

Road Wheels For Canondale Lefty

Ruta del Sol, Quito Ecuador and output ...

The Liberty was my first stop on the Ruta del Sol, but looking at the sky at this time ... the sun, well thanks ... but hot weather is cloudy almost all day, barely touch the water I went to the beaches of Salinas, which is right on the peninsula, is the most tourist this sector of the coast but just walking in the sand, relax and take some photos . I stayed in La Libertad is the commercial and economic the area, home of a great friend, Walter, was more than 15 days, I had almost the whole world there, including elimination, with a mixture of anger and resignation to know about in advance that no could go much further.

Change the back cover that had some holes through which quietly took two dogs fighting, the original hard more than I thought, about 13,000 kms, too hard to be the next manufacturing ... and I went for just Montañitas . I met many artisans who already knew, come to me crossing everywhere. In followed I felt that going to be short my stay on this beach, camping and search Vito finished in a character seems to have left any cartoons with various candies least in the jar, but ultimately a good guy. The location of the camping is incredible, facing the sea, the place where anyone would be, no doubt. I will not have too much detail place especially the bathroom, where bathing was to apply the famous "Tachito System", and the toilet (when not covered) to "Baldazo clean." In the kitchen, or the place where the stove for be more fair, I lack words to describe it, to imagine ... After hearing the recommendations of its own rules and you the owner of the circus, for example, how to get into the sea so you do not take the current (" ?), No Smoking in the output that overlooks the beach because "I can defend here in the (¿¿¿???) and secret word for your dog to not attack you (¿¿¿???¿¿ ¿???¿¿¿???), it was something like "ñañañaña" ... an inexplicable thing for those still keep some sanity, but Well, the guy has his mambo.

four days I stayed there, the only reason was that he had already paid for that time in advance, hillocks is nothing short of Argentine infected, a real pest, pick up a tile and you find a Argentina craftsman doing macramé, Colombian lot too. Anyway, while the third day and was quite embolado , a good time, met some Colombians who are traveling to Buenos Aires on a Vespa (see link traveling on a ...) very cool.

weekend after the World Cup final , I went to Puerto Lopez, is there just 45 km, the atmosphere is different, more familiar, is a good place to see humpback whales at this time, and although I would not just with the idea of \u200b\u200b disturb these poor mammals seemed a good place to spend a few days for a change there I found most Argentines (see link collecting ...). Assemble tent in a hostel at the end of beach, I enjoyed the place and the people I met, I spent three days doing a bit of everything, mostly relaxing, the hammock is the biggest thing there is, (after passion fruit smoothie course) particularly if the waterfront under a coconut palm ... what else?

had already arranged with Alexander to meet in Mompiche in Esmeraldas province, about 500 kms, north of Ecuador, to go see a forest and review a project, if not for that I have the days with the permission of the bike I would have stayed longer in Puerto Lopez and some other interesting places out there close.

I've been almost two months in a country that becomes large as Buenos Aires , more than once and told me that my fate is to end up living in Ecuador. Anything is possible. The truth is I am delighted with this country, every place visit surprises me every person I know and time are recorded live me, nothing go unnoticed in these lands. And it is in other places it has not happened is that I feel like this that is potentially much more.

The stretch of Puerto López to Mompiche, quite long indeed about 500 kilometers, it was quite complicated, not only by the endless amount of curves, too poor or rather nonexistent signaling route, about half an hour before reaching Caraquez Bay, which was where I thought spending the night in one of the many increases were audible noise pretty ugly then I realized that permission of the sensor transmission, knew I could go at any time I was very worn, when I stopped, pieces of string had been a 50 meters behind me, I gather all the wreckage and search the bag that is changing in Cochabamba and had saved for a case like this, caution the guy ... The real problem was that the changes could not go down, it felt as if something had broken inside the box, so if that's really ugly painting , trascarton the sun was down and all I had around were hills ... and the things I'm another must go back to the people who had just passed and see what to do there. After a while move with the jerk that gave me the same slope of the route stop at the only house that had for many miles and got the light of the court to see if it could solve the case, tinkering a little while squeezing the clutch sprocket I could unlock and put it in neutral, I put the old chain to at least reach people. Spend the night at a gas station in San Joaquin, assemble the tent rather late, do not rest very well and I still waiting for some 300 kms. All of this had already warned Germany that my arrival was complicated early on Saturday. The next day as if I needed, the problems continued, the chain that started as soon as I went past the bay, and as if that were not enough nuisance to some 15 kms of flint punctured front wheel question came near the end of four in the afternoon, with all the crack and with a hunger brand Whistle, I met Roy Zambrano, who is responsible for maintaining the land that was going to see is me at home with his family in a tiny town adjacent to Mompiche, called Three-Way, which should not be over 30 or 40 houses. Spend 5 days resting analyzing some questions about the project, feeding coastal style (in any other input will tell a bit like this) and know the area, including Muisne, head of the canton, which is an island 30 kms from three sources, has beautiful beaches, but like the rest of the coast, at this time is covered by a cloud at times only a glimpse of the sky.

came to me this month and with that, inevitably, the expiration of the permit for the bike, temporary importation, so I had to go through Esmeraldas, capital of the province, a port city in which there is customs office where I do processing. I attended the best way, although the issue became a bit long to arrive just in time for lunch ... between waiting, talk, anecdotes and complete paperwork out about 4 pm, I do not have much time left to continue driving so I only did about 100 kms and stop to spend the night in a station Quininde service. A morning in charge of the station invited me a breakfast that looked more like a lunch (and breakfast is on the coast), fried rice with meat, salad and ripe, after staying a while chatting with them and waiting to stop the rain, I was accompanied by at times since I left three-way left with way to Quito ... to the mountains again.

few days ago that it came with money problems, among which I have almost no cash and the cashier gives me what is left when you win, you get to the capital with just a few dollars anything available in the blessed device. In a moment of lucidity splendid , say almost transcendental remembered that my old 400 I had to deposit Argentine handles (about $ 100 ), remember it was like seeing the light, being born again ... good for was not much, but if it was a relief to the touch so I communicate online with my sister to you remember, but rather to our parent ordered to send me as that precious Billeton. With that, of course discounting as usual so often rob the bank for each move, pull a few days, outings with friends and beers including Quito, Guayaquil and Colombia. I spend a week at Angel, then take the opportunity to fix my computer that came intoxicated by a good amount of virus (as is the plural of virus?) And some other thingy work. I have nothing much to tell of Quito, not to show, my camera stopped working in three ways, in terms the city and its history, which is no small, Google can do better than me no doubt. At the time I left I was almost in bankruptcy new Ibarra reached where I was waiting Juanfer, another crazy rather than short will be touring the South American routes. With him and his family went to walk around Ibarra, Cotacachi , Lake Cuicocha Peguche cascade, Otavalo (where as not to lose the habit I found, this time through chance, with Ale).

I could not miss the picture on half the world, the day passes going for pure Ibarra anger for not having my camera kept long, as doing account that he had not seen. Ibarra and lent me his Juanfer so happy as new toy boy I went there ... take pictures, therefore I am.

The issue is that this milestone is the least known of the two that are on the outskirts of Quito, the most famous is in town is rightly called Mitad del Mundo and is super tourist , go out there before going to Quito and had that touch printing, to be compared to a mirage, something armed too, I moved nothing and went on tour, after talking with Angel and later with Juanfer both told me that this park (so he says) was built to commemorate the geographers and French researchers were the first who came to Ecuador to discuss some issues concerning the equator, the point is that the position milestone, which is a very important lookout tower that marks the four corners and clear the line 0 ° 0'0 ''latitude, not just on this imaginary line but it is "gotcha" about 250 meters ... too much for these times in which technological precision grips us, either with your phone with GPS could check ... well, like most people (read tourists) love to sell you smoke, mailboxes and snake oil, this park is always full of people , while the other (the Cayambe, closer to Ibarra, who mentioned at the beginning) that is only a diversion of a millimeter and is also a sundial barely visiting some people, I found the talk interesting addition to giving you right there, in charge of this place not only try claim it as the true middle of park world but will also drive a new view of what the earth map, geographically speaking, where the up and down disappear for what really should be orient west, south, north ... is an explanation a bit long, anyone can look on the internet.

week happens in Ibarra, resting, eating food from home, family atmosphere helped me a lot to recharge in every way, especially in the spirit, came from a few days little melancholy, I felt I was missing too much of my affections, who had been too time and still am not even a quarter of a trip, that sort of thing would not stop giving me around in my head. Sali to the border with all the energy, clear that mixed with some sadness the farewell, but Juanfer I did see the positive side, it is precisely continue the journey to meet new places new people, new roads and for that matter.

himself accompanied me a few kms out de Ibarra, was having some electrical problems in bike so decided to make less than you had thought. The output of city is beautiful, the route leaves some surrounding mountains then appear before about valleys and gorges that seem drawn . The weather was changing as I walked away, was growing hot again, at least for a while ...

Later I hoped Colombia, unlike Ecuador, is more loaded expectations beforehand, e qu beyond me, and have more to do with many people who me crossing the road and I heard about it "chimba" who is this country.

As for the border, no one had good night man who treated me in the Ecuadorian Customs , just to give you two permits the bike (the original and extended ) immediately began to grumble that "because it respected the original permit, "that" now you have to pay the fine "that" it does not help matters and ask for a one-time permit "and I, as a type of the most there may be quiet, peaceful, measured, but when the aggression comes and free, out of nowhere, I skip the heat immediately, crazy as I get says Ramírez old, you stop the car ... plus bad humor I had this person so afflicted him and his office mate a good dose of inability to do their work, both in the end I had to tell myself the procedure for record output in the Rojita system (not that I am more suited for the task they if not the day I made the ruling of the extending in Esmeraldas, the person who attended showed me how to input data the return of my entering the country at the time, by Huaquillas) issue I had here a long time, if not, that "they gave you bad permission, "which" is not valid "was very funny see the two fingers counting the days on the calendar to see if he was OK the permit fumble beans Dumb and Dumber ... fall short compared to these two characters ... at that point not know whether to laugh or mourn, the end and the problem solved I put my best face of cordiality, greet and went, we vemo in corso.


Cuicocha.







Cuicocha.













bearded rag Profile with the cascade of Peguche
background.













Peguche Waterfall.










0 comments:

Post a Comment