The next destination was Medellin, from Manila had two choices, go for the Pan-American
Medellín, city of eternal spring, the countries of beautiful women ... could be a long time beautifying this city, is simply that I loved ... the climate, architecture, food, friendliness of people, women (although I have to say that in general is beautiful at times superficial, plastic ... looks and queens might say);
Of course not everything is rosy, all cities show their best side to tourism while hiding the dirt under the rug, despite everything mentioned above, Medellín is not exempt from the evils of all large cities, drugs, violence, exclusion and everything that comes with that addition, the special thing about this city is this transformation that made you stop being a place dominated by these evils to advance to control and move even to be an excellent model example of urban planning. It is the impression I take away from this city after giving a few turns, cross it and find out a little of the urban situation.
sebas Loko and Mauri had baptized me in the messages we had crossed, the traveler paisa where I stayed and got into town just took me to a party where the liquor Antioquia nothing short of stunning me ... good way starting with Medellin.
I get used and I quickly locate within the city, very organized, well marked, many high quality public spaces, enjoy much Medellín, also from my side of architect.
With George, first we went to another traveler paisa do parts of the city, and later with the same mauri in around the center.
After a week of rest in the most beautiful city (with the exception of Buenos Aires, of course) in South America, turned again to the path. Three hundred miles separated me from the capital, had no thought of doing so in the day, there were some places and people to visit. Guatapé for example, a reservoir area dominated by a giant stone, but eh giant, should have about two hundred meters high, monolithic, they say fall (¿?). space As if one stone was not enough, the incredible landscape surrounding a small lakes that are all together Guatapé reservoir. I stayed several hours worth
be just contemplating such immensity, so much beauty. To all this, my camera was restarted in Medellin after more than two months so I could portray all this a bit. I left when the evening fell inexorably over me again to deal with gas stations, finish assembling tent on a toll station when it was at night, it rained for several hours.
Carmen (actually Carmenza, but always I shortened the name) had written me a few days before telling me that was a few days in La Dorada, a town full
Middle
country almost a month had passed, unconsciously he was beginning to feel the trouble and anxiety for crossing to Panama, a kind of fear of the unknown of how to do it, how would the trip after being on the other side of the Darien Gap. In some ways I think this situation will not let me fully enjoy the last few weeks in the coffee country.
Public Library, one of many interventions at the urban level.
Using
.
Trapito, la rojita y la piedra.
Atardecer en La Dorada.
Here
Maria Helena and Juan Felipe.
Walking through the streets of Honda.
0 comments:
Post a Comment