Lima ... and then north nomas pal! Lima, La Ciudad de los Reyes as it was called by English conquerors was
founded in 1535. During the colonial era was the most important city in South America, was the capital of New Castile and later of the Viceroyalty of Peru, an important city in Latin America if any. The most interesting places to visit are undoubtedly the Old Town with its convents and museums where you can learn the ancient Peruvian culture, the neighborhoods of San Isidro, Barranco and Miraflores, and as some archaeological sites nearby. I personally do not like the city but some of these places mentioned.
All very rich, all very nice, but Lima is also the city of chaos ... the traffic in Lima ... ahh could be writing several pages about it, actually from all over Peru and Bolivia may also include. I will just say that walked away from these two countries for me and is quite an achievement, proof that something I learned to fly in recent months.
not only handle what Peru really, really bad at it but it must be added that are
many vehicles of all sorts: Cars, Trucks, Mini Van, Buses, Motorcycles, Motorcycle taxis, bicycles, bike taxis, auto rickshaws ( a front wheel back and two which bike Ice Cream) ... in short, anything that has wheels is there put in this salad are the streets trying to go at any price, "at all costs!" as they called The Super Champions, as if life depended on it in the universe, honking as if the sound of that bizarre widening of the avenues aparatejo out of the way to other vehicles. In fact the horn is used for everything, not just to say hello to someone you know who step around or to pass the skills
a pretty girl, to warn that taxis are empty (there is no clock here with the little light Free red states), but also to warn passengers that come with needing to pass as quickly as possible, to let the front to run or to run that is later, to reach the corners, finally, no stop ringing ... Not to mention the roads, is set to be sent to overtake on curves, inclines, declines, shit on the double yellow line, as if there were, especially the drivers of buses and minivans, and end, I got tired of seeing buses crashed on the side des routes , truckers are a bit more aware and respectful. More than once I had to shoot
the shoulder because I saw them come in front and do not come to terms with forward, sometimes killing them. And still no mention of pedestrians, those beings who cross the asphalt without even managing to look sideways, of course they do it for anywhere but the corners, walking among the vehicles at the best pac-man style ... in La Paz For example, just want to step on them, just like that, to leave no one standing there, sidewalk and street is exactly the same, there are places in the city is a large outdoor market for
times I crossed pigs and chickens! Well, of course not the whole city so, but believe that at least in the Bolivian city managed to take away all the desire to travel it well. In Lima, luckily I was a bit off center anyway the picture in many neighborhoods is quite similar to what counted.
ready, I brought out the urge to say that ... back to my stay in Lima a few weeks before I was contacted by mail a certain Michael, I left his cell so the arriving time
call it ... ended up being a cool locazo the barbarian within one week, one of those guys who really enjoy traveling, learning, new experiences and above all super friendly, a real leg, as they say here. So there I was installed, take my stop in the Peruvian capital to catch up with photos, emails, blog and several contacts had to do. For a while I walked downtown the first day, I fired Ceci trip was to follow a little more to the north and the rest of the days visit some neighborhoods
Barranco and Miraflores, the circuit of beaches, the basics of Lima say. I think more and more I feel that at least on this trip, the big cities do not attract me much to be put paths, prefer the quiet and the pace a bit smaller cities, especially as told above. Take
also to buy some materials for handicrafts, and had a few threads I had bought in Sucre, it's time to get to produce and sell a little more ... of something you have to travel ... In Tucumán, camping in the capital where stop I was with some artisans, as we chatted there pispie them some points and then only with it and some pictures I saw on the internet I started making bracelets, the first ... dire, then improved a lot, now I'm more canchero, I learned a couple of more points, I started to make earrings, necklaces also might make some of all this something has to go! Mama, do not worry, I will not stop me dreadlocks and bathing, just do
bracelets and earrings.
After a week off in Lima to prepare the gear out, Michael was about to leave for Puquio, where I had stopped to eat in the stretch-Nazca Abancay invited me to go to parties of the people but the truth fact back to back does not attract me at all, many miles, many days and many suns too. I left around noon
San Juan de Miraflores, stop for lunch just after 4 pm, a dry beef with a salad spectacular
Avocado, tomato, lettuce, cucumber and onion, the better. Obviously my taste has changed a lot in recent months, some time ago had not even made an attempt to touch that plate. Changing habits or need?
Drive a little longer to Pativilca, capital of the Bolivarian feat as several posters announcing, after asking two new faucets in the third allowed me to set up the tent but in Barranca, a nearby town. After lunch I fell asleep inevitable, it was still early, I was very tired and I expected a busy day trip to Trujillo.
When I left Barranca landscape remained the same, heat, wind, sand, sea noise ... sucundun sucundun ... at times the view is beautiful but after a couple of hours of receiving a natural sand begins to tell you that is upsetting. Stop eating Casma, the largest village on this stretch, then asked grilled chicken ... "with your stew?" I asked the man who attended ... what decision quiiii vo '? Ask me ... was a sort of mashed peas that accompanied the dish very well. Uh, I grabbed the drowsiness after eating was lethal, I pull into a place to doze for a while before continuing, I still had about 160 kms of dunes still pure. Go
by Chimbote, fishing town, people are here every capital of something, it was fishing, steel and friendship ... (?)
Reach Trujillo about 4 and a half in the afternoon, stop at a service station I saw a sign that
said he had showers so do not hesitate and send me to do social ... let me build without problems, while some people who were there at the market asked me for a few beers, they were official the captain, a sort of policeman of the sea, I stayed a while with them, I bathe and went to the tent.
usually at 6 am and I'm awake, that day in Trujillo for a while I fell asleep more, recently had breakfast at 8, I woke with the feeling that he would not visit Chan Chan, I saw it coming abusive style input Machu Picchu. I went first to the Moche Temples I was there to touch,
login: 6 suns, right there told me that Chan Chan was worth it. The first visit was quite interesting, with a good guide, about an hour drive the route, where you can see the different stages of the Moche Empire, the different levels Conclude forming the pyramid, which is not itself a pyramid if not the result of stacking levels over time. You can also see very well preserved polychrome paints, paint most stands out is the face of the god Ay-Apaet or Cutthroat that was changing the look of your face and body travez generations. Only visit the Huaca of the Moon and the Sun
not research or open to the public and is very degraded, at first glance is just a mountain of mud brick, mud and sand. Chan Chan
I was pleasantly surprised, very well maintained, paid my entry and I snuck in a guided group so I could tell a lot, unlike the Moche huacas the guide was not included in the entry. Very few people, perhaps by the time they were a little more of the four, only three groups, however I will look some more info to understand some things left me hanging there. Before passing through the museum, small but very neat,
to take a look and have a general idea before entering the complex. The camera I run out of batteries halfway through, but let's say I could shoot a little bit of everything.
In Trujillo was doing a little square, chatting with people, with the guys you could say. Leaving
there and I went to the beach for a while near Huanchaco, quite touristy place I was told, only in Lima I had made the sea, the trouble is that there is a constant mist that obscures the color well the sea, I spent some time and I went into town to find room for the tent was already falling in the afternoon. Assemble in a service station, just like the night before a shower and is safe.
I woke up with the idea of \u200b\u200bputting the cloth and sell something, build some earrings and rings to buy some more
Lima
bracelets, I have to fly a while. I put in a pedestrian street near the square, with the police so good, in fact up to me and we were talking a long time, are surprised when I tell them I'm from Buenos Aires and China on a motorcycle, the typical question is "not you afraid?" or "not spoiled your bike?" with the Peruvian clear tone. There
just assemble the cloth and started to play the charango as to make a little noise and the way pass the time, the principle does not go orange, then a few others are about to watch, even a girl a bracelet and was tested after looking a long time I wonder "as it is used for? "nooo, so I thought: here
not sell a bracelet or cadorna. Well, the thing better time and went a few earrings, is to find some crazy later in the square to have a drink there, was a Saturday, something had to be done.
social After making the parade I went to set up the tent, the other day and thought I had to go to Huanchaco and perhaps longer follow-side trip to Chiclayo.
There was, Huanchaco is a beach, a place to tourists, go and eat something, enter the dock, walk along the boardwalk ... the day was very cloudy and windy, it would not even there to be there trying to sell something, I spent a couple of hours, had several craftsmen, the truth, but a boy and a girl rionegrina Bolivia, the rest did not feel very comfortable, I had no much the environment. About 4 and a half starting with the idea of \u200b\u200bdriving an hour and reach Pacasmayo and spend the night there. So, look for a place to eat and fell into the Chifa
Tai Pa, where I met Artemio, the cook of the place who invited me apart from a few dishes that I had ordered, ate to bursting and what richer after frost Cusquenian painted a good split apart. We stayed a long time chatting, a guy wearing these good-natured? Of those who give you everything, so at home with his son, his mother and his niece I stayed three days.
For Chiclayo was just passing, I felt very comfortable and went long, actually had
much to see in the suburbs of Chicago but I was rather psyched about going to the northern beaches, say all this already come to an end, I slept in a village can not remember the name. Already a biker Piura, Nicholas, I just got some plastic for the bike and take the opportunity to change a few light bulbs and adjust some things. Indeed this was the next stop and Mancora! Beach, sun, here if I had intended to stay a few days, though it never actually ended up doing what I plan ... As is, upon arrival I met some artisans who had met in Arequipa, so there attach to the touch and began to produce and learn from those who know, those who really are in the ointment say. So full production as they say here, so I spent the whole week, every so often would throw me the odd dive into the sea, the water is very clean and warm, right from this time is that there are almost no people was
enjoy more so. Mancora I found by chance Adrian and Ceci contacted us that sticking around so that coordinate to spend a day at least here in Mancora, thereafter Ceci goes to Lima, Adrian and I to Montañitas Cuenca, Guayaquil and Montañitas later.
0 comments:
Post a Comment