First days in Peru: Puno, Arequipa, Colca ... Summary El primer dia en Puno me desperté muy temprano, en realidad a la misma hora de siempre solo
que ahora en Perú estoy con una hora menos, me fui a desayunar a orillas del Titicaca, toda la tranquilidad y un paisaje hermoso para empezar el día, en eso paso una persona en pleno ejercicio matinal al grito de “hacia donde vas viajero?”, cuando le dije que era de Bs As, se me acerco a hablar, Julián, un Medico Veterinario graduado de la Universidad de La Plata en los 70´s y residente en Puno hace ya un largo tiempo, terminamos hablando un buen rato de todo un poco, política, economía, costumbres, en fin, seria solo la primera de varias charlas súper interesantes que we then also with Nidia, his wife. I was in Puno
several days at the home of Julian, was like a child again, you looked after me really well,
I was the Gaucho, as I was saying in Bolivia.
Discussions with him were also well enriching and enlightening, at times raw, I left with a pile of things to read and a clear vision of many things about the history of Peru, Latin America, capitalism and other herbs. He, his wife and children, some really beautiful people with whom I shared a very important moment for me.
While there I went to Puno Island Uros are families living in floating reed islands, a unique culture in the world, of which several are still living on barter with other communities, other islands rather live on tourism, including many already managing the
aggiornamiento English ... as it is called. I also went to Sillustani, about 20 km from Puno, Inca ruins quite interesting although there is little variety of buildings to see, especially mortuary structures, however
no longer shocking, the scenery of the lake with an island in the middle , which borders the archaeological site is certainly to stay hours watching. Again
the route, altitude, cold, altitude sickness, but this time it mitigates a kind of sugar candy Nidia gave me, apart from being rich helps combat the effects of altitude, so just spend a little cold ... in Arequipa where I spent three nights in a tent arm and two hostel, so far only had paid the first night room and in Cochabamba, the day I met Ramiro and Marcelo. In the White City met artisans from Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela ... This was another city that really liked me, does not become a great big city, or at least fairly well concealed, it has the chaotic rhythm of a big city at least I turned out very nice. Hence, after meeting Adrian and
Cecilia, two Argentines who walk a while ago crossing also went to the Colca Canyon (awful place if you like trekking, if you do not the gift, I got lost and I was night in the mountains, a shank). Cabanaconde reach the village from where they leave the roads into the canyon, the first night assembling the tent in the courtyard of the village health center, and the next day I went to a hostel to keep things quiet and to go make the trek. I left 9 am kind of hostel with the idea of \u200b\u200bgoing to the canyon and back is, about 4 or 5 hours round trip, an issue that I made it down fairly quickly so before eleven and was down there to Across the river, was not to return so early and followed the road to do all around that part of the canyon ... all this without a guide, he was just a booklet with an outline of the roads. The thing is that at one point she pifie the road and would not lose but if I lost a lot of time and started up the mountain and back to town when it was almost three o'clock in the afternoon, knowing I had at least 4 hours to get up. Bue, as I imagine it was night midway on the rise, the worst
is that each passing both the locals at the speed I walk in horizontal but rising! Really end suffering, the views are tremendous, not to believe, but as I said above, if The trekking is not your thing you end up not enjoying it. When I returned to the hostel, was made leather, could not move my legs hurt to the soul ... right there I met Cecilia, which was concerned because I had warned in the hostel he was coming back that day and would not stay in the lodgings of the canyon. So we spent the night there and the next day we went to the navel of the world.
Dawn on the Colca.
Trekking in Colca Canyon.
One of the volcanoes surrounding the city of Arequipa.
Arequipa Cathedral.
0 comments:
Post a Comment